2012 Uniform Plumbing Code
Applicants must submit their completed application form by Sept. 18. Information and downloadable application forms can be found at http://www.iapmo.org/Pages/TaskGroupInformation.aspx.
The UPC and UMC are developed using an American National Standards Institute (ANSI) accredited consensus process, signifying that the procedures used by standards setting organizations such as IAPMO meet the Institute’s requirements for openness, balance, consensus and due process.
This process brings together volunteers representing a variety of viewpoints and interests to achieve consensus on plumbing and mechanical practices. The UPC and UMC are the only plumbing and mechanical codes of practice to be named American National Standards.
In accordance with the rules and regulations that govern these procedures, a Technical Committee (TC) or Technical Correlating Committee (TCC) may create Task Groups to address a specific topic or problem.
Persons serving on a Task Group need not be members of the TC or TCC.
Task Groups meet in person and/or via conference calls to discuss solutions and then forward their recommendations along with a report of any underlying issues to the TC or TCC for action.
IAPMO is seeking volunteers for the following Task Groups:
• UPC Correlation Task Group to identify technical and editorial inconsistencies within the 2009 UPC.
• UPC Standards Task Group to add cross-references to Table 14-1 Index of the 2009 UPC to indicate where code sections of each standard are referenced and to update the format of standards based on materials and products.
• UMC Ventilation Task Group to provide an alternate method in order to obtain outdoor air rates.
• UMC Correlation Task Group to identify technical and editorial inconsistencies with in the 2009 UMC.
• UMC Standards Task Group to add cross-references to Table 14-1 Index of the 2009 UMC to indicate where code sections of each standard are referenced and to update the format of standards based on materials and products.
For more information on Uniform Code development and/or Task Group participation direct your Web browser to www.iapmo.org/Pages/TaskGroupInformation